Thursday, February 21, 2019

rent bent tent lent sent vent Kent

What if I take the first commuter train in the direction away from the city to it's terminus, and then walk home.

These are the distances Google says it would be to walk home from them:

Vaudreuil, 23.5km
Deux-Montagnes, 31.2km
Mascouche, 41.1km
Candiac, 46.5km
St-Jerome, 50km
Mont Saint-Hilaire, 62.3km

Only the first one has trains that run on weekends, so I could easily do the first one on a Saturday.

Take the train close to my apartment out to Vaudreuil, it would leave at 9h58 and I'd get there at 10h30, and then walking home I'd arrive at 15h20.

For the Deux-Montagnes line, there is an early train at 6h35, but I would take the next one at 8h49, gets me to Deux-Montagnes station at 9h26, and I'd arrive at 15h50 walking home.

To get to Mascouche there's a train that leaves the city at 6h55 that gets me to Gare Mascouche at 8h10, and according to Google if I walked without stopping to get home, I'd get home at 16h38.

The Candiac line's earliest train leaves the city at 9h35, gets me there at 10h15, and I'd walk home to arrive at 19h45.

The St-Jerome line has an early train out, leaves the city at 6h57 and arrives there at 8h22, walking home I'd arrive at 18h43.

Finally, the Mont Saint Hilaire line, furthest away, has it's earliest departure at 12h30, arriving there at 13h15, add the walk home and I'd get home at 2:04 the next morning. This is one to be done as close to the summer solstice as possible to take advantage of the late sunset.

I was thinking about doing this during my commute into work this morning as an in expensive way to have a memorable experience.

I would need to do the Deux-Montagnes one this year, as the whole line is being shut down in January, 2020, for the upgrade to the REM.

No comments: