Tuesday, May 11, 2021

heh, GAMF

I'm a little late; it was three days ago that marked the 612th day that the GAMF notification indicated would be the amount of delay before having a family medicine practitioner assigned to me.

I do suspect that it is possible that the pandemic may have put a delay on the GAMF assignment process.

So I found there was a number I could call to check the status of my application; I called it and fortunately got to speak to someone who pulled up my application file. Indeed, she confirmed that I have not yet had a doctor assigned to me. She asked me a couple of questions that would have raised me on the priority list, but I am in very good health, so my answers were negative for those questions. I mentioned that I'm 17493 days old and so I'm heading into a period of my life that having a regular checkup may soon become important, and I also mentioned that likely the pandemic has caused a delay in doctors taking on new patients. She agreed that the pandemic hasn't helped. She ended off by saying that if my health situation changes for the worse that I should call back at that same number and advise them so that my application can be updated and my priority raised.

In a few weeks I'll be celebrating my anniversary of trips around the sun; so at the end of that trip that will soon start, I'll call again; and then again on each anniversary.

No comments: