Tuesday, May 18, 2021

image

So last spring (late spring) I posted about putting flowers out on my balcony.

Today, using the same plant containers that sit on the lip of the balcony railing, I crumpled up the dirt that had been compacted with all of the roots of last years annuals, took out the detritus that was the remainder of what was growing all in preparation for the addition of this year's flowers.

I got a six pack of petunias for 8.98$, a six pack of snapdragon for the same price and a six pack of marigold for 4.98$. Additionally I got two each of Lobelia and Codryline Spikes all at 3.33$ a piece.

Of the three six packs I put two plants of each one in each planter leaving two remaining that I will simply compost.

This first photo shows the work just having been completed.

I used a pizza box as my work area.
 
Here is a closeup of the plant tags:

 The next two photos are of the two planters on the railing.

 
So the total cost was 41.69$. I walked to Home Depot and took the bus home.
 
I'll need to water these two daily for the next week or so to make sure that the roots from all of the plants move away from their original root ball and start digging into the soil that is below them.

No comments: