Monday, August 30, 2021

two more times than that

The parish secretary job isn't happening. The priest listed the three contenders for the job in order of who would get first dibs, and of the three contenders, I was not one of them.

So I've put in three applications so far: I did GDI first, since it was an easy on-line application. Next, I did Metro grocery store to be a warehouse on-line order picker/packer. To do this I had to provide a CV, so I quickly created one where I put the very highest level description of the technical jobs I've been doing for the last 25 years. Finally, I received an email from LinkedIn about a technical support job that looks to more or less match my skill set, so I applied to that one through LinkedIn using my LinkedIn profile as the CV, which goes into more detail about the technical experience I have.

For GDI and Metro I'm applying for a part time role that I would hope to hold for 7-10 years so as to replace the next two years that I would have been earning a good salary where I was. I prefer the idea of part time since I'm 17604 days old and getting ever closer to having enough in my retirement fund to cease working altogether.

For that technical support job, it would be full time, and I'm guessing the salary would be less than what I had before, so I'd probably commit to doing that job for five years or so.

I hope to hear from one or more of these three in the next week or two. Barring that, I still have Subway and Home Depot to which I could apply. The technical support job would pay me most, the GDI and Metro jobs would pay me second most and the Subway and Home Depot jobs would pay me least, which is why I applied in the order I did.

I may see about applying to more technical support jobs through LinkedIn.

No comments: