Friday, September 03, 2021

heh, two languages, not ice cream

Further news on the job front, I'll get a call at 11:00 on Tuesday to see how well my French speaking goes, hopefully that call will succeed.

If it does, it is likely that I'll then be offered a position with Alorica to be a bilingual support person for Best Buy; to help with the shopping experience, answer questions about orders, about products, etc.

The service covers 8am to midnight seven days a week and is all WFH, so I would have shifts that vary, hopefully not too much. It will pay 15.50$ and after 30 days there medical and dental benefits would kick in. They also talk about a monthly bonus, but I do not know how that works.

If I pass the French interview, I do not think there is any other impediment to me getting the job. It would start on September 20 (17 days from now) and the first five days would be training during regular business hours where I do get paid.

In the mean time, while I was at the movies yesterday I received a phone call (saved as a message I retrieved after the movie) that for the picker/packer job, I've been offered the position and would go in on September 7th for training. The lady called me back today and I told her I was no longer interested.

No comments: