Wednesday, May 18, 2022

sprake the flort bloj

So 12 hours after getting off CTTE I get sick.

Next day I test at home negative for C19 but have trouble sleeping as my nose was so congested that I couldn't breathe properly. Fortunately the job I have is 100% WFH so I don't miss any work by having to stay home. Unfortunately it is my first week and I cannot afford to not be at work. At the end of the week I decide to test again as I haven't really gotten much better and I end up testing positively.

Decide after my first week on new job that I'm not going to do much in the first weekend. Still not feeling altogether well, decided I'll lift the two inner kitchen window panes out in order to put the screen in to allow for a more full opening as the weather is getting warmer. The panes are difficult to get out due to their location (behind the sink/kitchen counter) and their size. I position myself carefully to get the first pane out and it comes out with reasonable ease. I am in less good a position to pull the second one out and in one quick motion pull the right Iliocostalis Lumborum or right Internal Oblique (or both) muscles in such a way as to mostly debilitate me and put me in minor state of shock where I could only be horizontal as otherwise I'd get light-headed and feel nauseated. 

After most of the day had passed I was able to move around a little bit and managed to put some ice on the part of my back that I had pulled. The next day wasn't any better and by today it still isn't fully healed, but it has definitely improved.

In the mean time, starting yesterday, and perhaps the night before, two new symptoms have come up; my lips have swelled and my eyes have developed conjunctivitis symptoms. I did a bit of digging and found that rare, but possibly MIS-A is what I could potentially have. Only the most serious of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in adults is discussed in the on-line articles, describing the more serious inflammation of parts of the heart among other internal organs and only in the most severe of C19 patients.

Beyond those two new symptoms I still have a lingering cough that comes up at random times. Fortunately, when I go to sleep I can breathe shallow in a controlled manner that significantly reduces any cough that might want to surface. If these two new symptoms do not start to reduce on their own in the next day or two I may see about consulting a physician if this is at all possible.

No comments: