Wednesday, September 04, 2019

GAMF

Heh, so a co-worker sent an email company-wide reminding us that it is a good idea to get an annual medical checkup and that some employers encourage this. The idea is preventative medicine and early detection are far better than treatments later on that may have deleterious side effects.

Without a GP I went to the GAMF website where I applied for being added to a GPs list, and I got the response back that the wait time is 612 days. 612 days from now is May 8, 2021.

It helps that I am not in any ill health at the moment; I'm reasonably fit and not over weight and I don't smoke. Still, there are LDL and HDL levels that I can only know through blood tests, and rectal exams that I'm neither able nor qualified to do on my own.

Here's the actual message I got:

Vous êtes maintenant inscrit au Guichet d'accès à un médecin de famille. Votre inscription a été enregistrée le 04 septembre 2019.

Actuellement, dans votre région, le délai d'attente pour les personnes dont l'état de santé est semblable au vôtre est estimé à 612 jours à compter de la date d'inscription initiale. Dès qu'un médecin pourra vous prendre en charge, il communiquera avec vous.

Vous pouvez changer vos coordonnées téléphoniques en tout temps en recommençant l'inscription. Le délai d'attente ne sera pas modifié.

Merci d'avoir utilisé le service en ligne.


So, once a doctor takes my application, the doctor will communicate with me, and this could happen, I suppose, any time between now and May 8, 2021, but more likely in 2021 than in 2019.

No comments: