Monday, July 27, 2026

JFL night one with Sarah Sherman

After Wes Barker, there was a slight gap, and then what they called JFL All Stars came on, it ended up being five comedians in addition to Sarah Sherman, the MC, who opened up the evening session with her own set.

She had a particular funny bit where she spoke in a lower register specifically to a woman who admitted she was high in a very entertaining way; though I didn't manage to capture that on video.



Next was Asif Ali, he had a few good jokes in reference to his ethnicity and was otherwise pretty good.


Next was Laura Peek, by this time I had seen so many comedians I am having a hard time remembering her; so I guess her set wasn't particularly memorable.


Next was Tone Bell, he was a story teller, so there was a lot of setup before we'd get to a joke or funny part, but he was a good story teller, so that was okay.


Next was Marie Faustin, she had a good set and carried herself well.



And finally was Michael Longfellow; he seemed a little overwhelmed by the size of his audience and that threw him a little; eventually he got going but his wasn't a great set.

No comments: