Thursday, July 30, 2026

JFL Night Two with Wes Barker

JFL night two began again with a DJ from 19h to 20h, then Wes Barker MCing three comedians and then a really fun Weird Al Yankovic show.


I didn't record anything from Wes' introduction time. He enlisted a volunteer from the audience who he had picked out ahead of time as there is no easy access from the audience area to the stage, so that Wes could do some close-up magic with someone. One trick that was neat, he put water into a cup, perhaps filling it only 2/7ths, had Luca, the volunteer place it atop his head. Then Wes asked the audience for a magic word which some people called out, and then Wes asked Luca to turn the cup upside down over his head - he did so and no water came out.

Wes then showed us while also saying, there was a diaper at the bottom of the cup (which had absorbed all of the water). He then redid the same trick showing us the cup was empty, and still when Luca overturned it, no water came out, so that was impressive.

Anyhow the first comedian was Hassan Phills, he was a good story teller comedian, he definitely had some funny moments.


Next was Mario Adrion and he was the funniest comedian of all of the ones I saw over these two days, he had a pretty rapid fire delivery and kept coming up with unique views and funny quips.


The last comedian for me at this JFL event was Eve Parker Finley; she had a small keyboard that she played along with some comedic songs that she had written, she was good.



Overall I had a good time with all of the comedians at these free shows, on the first day there were tables and chairs so I got there early and grabbed a good seat. On the second day, due to Weird Al being on the plan, they had removed all of the tables and chairs, so I ended up standing for the whole evening, but that was fine. I'll post more about the Weird Al show tomorrow.

No comments: