Monday, July 20, 2026

Nuits D'Afrique last day

This was a good night with each of the four shows being ones I enjoyed, mostly.

It began with Sandya Fusion from Morocco and Quebec, what I liked about this band was the fusion part; their music was a mix of what I'll call traditional African and with more modern sounds too. Also, it was the first time I see a violin at any of the shows of this festival.



Next was Tamboreal Samba Bloco from Brazil and Quebec with a sexily dressed and sexy moving main singer. In addition to watching her move around the stage, this many member band had good songs, and as entertainment, additional dancers came on stage at various points.



Next was Elida Almeida from Cape Verde. I had trouble hearing or understanding her singing as only when she sung loudest could I make out any words, however, the band surrounding her played really well and so I enjoyed the performance as a whole. The second video below I took from a little further back, where I moved to to see if the sound quality would get any better.



The last show of Nuits D'Afrique that I attended and enjoyed was Diblo Dibala et Matchatcha from DR Congo. I am guessing Dibala is the primary guitarist at the front center. They were a good band and thier music had very brief moments of prog-ness with a change in tempo or key, but for the most part every song kind of sounded similar, so this wasn't the top show of the day. For some of the songs there were two dancers, and during some of the time they had two dancers, they brought a few people from the audience to dance too.


No comments: