Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Trouble at the

So, suddenly somewhere around 10h40 today I got invited to a Teams meeting with my manager and HR. My employment terminated immediately for unsatisfactory performance, paid out for two weeks and eight weeks of severance to be paid in a lump sum.

This did not come as a surprise, though, I would have liked to stick it out for at least another year or two.

One thing is that there is a movement challenge for which I have been running and walking excessively to make my contribution, a challenge that spans September. I put in my 99141 steps for week one, and now no longer will be able to contribute and so won't be compelled to accumulate vast number of steps each September week.

For the past 20 months, every Tuesday I would post a Tuesday Chooseday post to our internal social media with four pairs of items from which the respondent is to choose their preference. There were about half a dozen very regular respondents who will miss participating in this.

I was not granted the opportunity to say goodbye to either my teammates or these Tuesday Chooseday participants, but the latter may see this post since my most recent TC post included a link to my blog's nonsense category. The savvy could search the blog all categories and discover this post

Tomorrow I will ship back to work the computer and equipment that my employer sent to me; they sent me a FEDEX shipping label. Tomorrow I will also begin applying to 'software application support' jobs on LinkedIn.

No comments: