Blocked smocked locked
I've begun my @nonsensewalks YouTube channel and have posted nine videos without any problem.
Yesterday I visited with my dad at his Chartwell retirement residence in Vaudreuil, we had a pleasant time.
After leaving the residence I walked over to rue Toe Blake and recorded another five minute video of walking on the street. Near the tail end I encountered a man mowing his lawn who stopped doing so to ask what I was doing and I answered it was for my YouTube channel and I proceeded walking. I ended at a family's house who took exception to what I was doing, but I had finished so I walked away. I made it partway on Emile-Bouchard Street when a pickup truck pulled in, the man and wife got out, and the man blocked my passage and pushed me against a fence and held me there while the wife called the police. At the immediate moment that this began I tried to escape but I was unable. A minute or two later two or more other residents showed up and so I recognized the situation, that I could not escape, and remained still and silent. About 25 minutes later the police showed up, one officer spoke with me, the other spoke with the man who man-handled me.
I was told that there was a privacy concern by the officer who spoke with me, and the other guy was told that having held me wasn't legal.
I got let go and on the way home chatted with chatGPT about this, also checking the linked resources. I am okay if it is street walking filming, not focussing on any one house, and not focussing on seeing into any one house, and remaining on public property, ie the street or sidewalk. The resident was not in the right to have held me. If this was to happen again I can call 911 and explain I am being held against my will unlawfully.
I won't film in Vaudreuil any longer, which is too bad as I plan on visiting my dad weekly, which gives me weekly opportunities to discover new roads. There are enough other Burroughs and cities that I have access to that all have numerous streets.
No comments:
Post a Comment