Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Caution: Deranged millipede crossing

Well, now that was a waste of time.

After providing the title to this post I consulted the Wikipedia article about millipedes. I read the whole dry article and am now significantly more informed about this Diplopoda arthropod.

In other news, kite flying lessons are scheduled to take place in the basement of Building B out on the east side on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7PM until 8:30PM. Registration takes place on April 31 in the Barney Building on the H'th floor. If you stop by between 1PM and 10AM you should be able to get a spot.

I found a guy who'd sell me the HD antenna and install it, making sure it is aligned properly all for 299$ including taxes. This ought to give me about twenty TV stations that broadcast uncompressed HD programming through the air from three different towers. I just need wife approval and then it is a done deal. Amortized over ten years, this would have our TV programming cost us about 2.50$ per month.

Mostly it is to watch NHL, NFL and Grammys.

Do you have any apples in your house right now?

3 comments:

Zhoen said...

No apples. Did look up hedge on the wiki, and found out about hedging, coppicing and pollarding, what "The Hague" means, and the longest and tallest hedge, Meikleour Beech Hedge.

Phil Plasma said...

I learned about coppicing quite a few years ago, thinking that this would be the way to go for home heating once oil runs out.

Debstar said...

I have red delicious apples and navel oranges and passion fruit.
Today, to prove I am not a robot I had to match up sushi. What a coincidence, I just finished eating some sushi!