Monday, August 19, 2019

Say goodbye MAA, say hello YMCA

Yep, my work used to have a gym membership at the MAA, who, in order to deliver another century of services to members, is undoing their entire building apart from the front face, building a new tower behind in the bottom few floors of which will be the new gym, and the top 30-50 floors will be condominium units.

This process will last two years.

So, we have signed up with the YMCA, the last final details of the deal to be finalized and we'll get the word likely this week. It is just a bit further than the MAA is, and membership will give me access to the YMCA that is also closer to my home; though, I am more likely to use the one close to work.

Through this summer I have mostly been exercising outdoors, in my neighbourhood, so while the MAA shut on July 31st, I haven't really noticed as I haven't been there since mid June.

That's about it for my fitness update.

No comments: