Wednesday, January 29, 2020

crying about laundry that isn't made of hemp

The walking directions that get you from one place to another do not give you any ideas about the least modern episode of a TV show that aired in the late 1970s.

The seventeenth season of the Survivor TV show; will it still be of interest seventeen years from now? Do reality TV shows age well?

This coming weekend the Superbowl will be played, the San Fransisco 49ers will play against the Kansas City Chiefs. The game will be played in Miami, on Sunday evening starting at 18h30. I heard a news story of a movement to have Superbowl games be played on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday night, so that people can party overboard, should they wish to, and have Sunday to recuperate. Of the two teams, I do not know which is favoured. What I do know is that the two teams have very similar colouring to their uniforms, however, the 49ers will wear white while the Chiefs will wear red.

I may need to acquire a new pair of shoes some time in the next eleven months.

Not all of the finger nails that a person has had painted orange reminded Hank of Halloween. That Hank, as a character in this post, didn't see a single episode of Survivor Season Seventeen comes as no surprise to the author. The person whose finger nails had been painted is an enormous Survivor fan, has seen every episode of every season at least three times and has submitted an application to be on the show numerous times.

Raising rabbits to then slaughter them for human consumption is something I did think about at some time in the past. I have not thought about it at all in the last thirty-nine days, well, not until I decided to add this sentence to this post that brought the subject up. What I read back then, if I recall correctly, that rabbits are prone to disease, and eating diseased rabbit is not a particularly good thing to do. I also don't know how comfortable I would be with the whole slaughtering process.

Standard clauses in variable contracts concerning tenured roach disco clubs are not like a toaster-oven made of iron mixed with celebrity facial oil.

The half-time show of the Superbowl game this weekend will include performances by Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. These are two artists that I don't really know all that much about, though J.Lo, as far as I am concerned, has had a higher profile. I'll be going to my parent's house to watch the game.

In other news there is a crazy locust infestation in a few adjoining African countries happening right now. On a website I saw some photos that showed the vast quantity of them. They are eating at all of the crops and vegetation making an already arid area suffer further. The people living there are doing what they can to scare away the locusts, but when they are in that number, it is a woefully measured losing battle. We have no locust infestation here where I live. I do not know that locusts would survive winters here.

In still other news there is a 'Trillion Trees' movement that many environmentalists fear will give people permission to continue emitting greenhouse gases. I support the idea of the Trillion Trees plan, but I am also clear that much more than this needs to happen. That I have gone carless was a big step to reduce my own personal emissions. When I moved from my house (heated with a heat-pump and with heating oil) to my apartment (heated with natural gas), I believe my emissions have gone down as the amount of natural gas burned to heat my 800sq ft apartment is likely less than the amount of oil that was burned to heat the 3500sq ft house. One thing I'll be doing in 2020 that I haven't done much of in the last few years is that I'll be flying a few times. I have a flight to Amsterdam in February (and back) and another one in March to Miami (and back). I am considering using less.ca as a carbon offset for these flights. Those two trips are for pleasure, I also have a trip to Chicago in August for work. There may be other work travel in the future.

A silhouette made of cream cheese was slobbered upon by Hank's pet Fox Sparrow. Hank has a small selection of sparrows as pets that he takes for a walk occasionally. Though the sparrows do not like the leash used, they do really appreciate the cream cheese.

No comments: