Wednesday, March 24, 2021

yes, indeed, the t-shirt

During the weeks that I have the kids I have been walking V-8 to school every morning. As it is roughly the same time each day we do this, together we cross with other people on the way to school and on my own on the way back home I cross with other people too; the same people on a regular basis since we all seem to have the same schedule.

On my return to home today, walking back from having brought her son to the bus stop, I crossed a nice looking woman with whom we each said 'hi' and I wished her to have a good day. As it was a reasonably warm day she had her coat open such that I could see the print on her t-shirt which simply said in big bold letters 'Best Wife Ever'.

Seeing that t-shirt got me thinking along a number of different lines. 

Under what scale does one judge a wife? How do you evaluate wives to then render one of them to be the best one ever? What are the behaviours with respect to the husband where the woman is the best wife ever? With the global population approaching 8 billion people, presuming roughly half of whom are women, further saying perhaps only 60% are married, that is still over 2 billion wives; which excludes all of the wives in the past who have already expired; so how does one rate to be the 'best wife ever' as compared to 2 billion other people? I am guessing this t-shirt was probably manufactured in a factory with the exact same print, perhaps 1000s of times; each of which say 'best wife ever', so which one of these wives is really the best one?

Anyhow, these are my thoughts from the briefest of interactions this morning.

No comments: