Monday, May 15, 2023

switch, twit, flip

Like a sunray upon me, warming me up. What a thought.

As mentioned in this post, my mother has been diagnosed with Frontal Temporal Dementia. My father has been her primary caretaker and this has taken a toll on him, so fortunately last Monday my mom was brought to a CSHLD (centres d'hébergement de soins de longue durée) for a respite visit of duration about 11 days. Following this, the local (to my parents) CLSC (centre local de services communautaires) will be providing 30 hrs per week of a variety of different people that will come to the house to care for my mom to give my dad a break. This will allow him to get in a nap now and then and get back to doing some exercise as when I was with him this past weekend to visit my mom at the CSHLD in Huntingdon, he admitted that he has very much noticed his fitness level having diminished due to not having any time to exercise due to the care he is providing to my mom.

To see the kite fly, what a sight, but not at night. Like any mirror will tell you; there is no time like the immediate.

No comments: